[Helobubbas] Bell-Boeing Delivers First CMV-22B to Navy for COD Mission

Marc Liebman marc at marcliebman.com
Wed Feb 12 17:18:58 PST 2020

Y’all are not the only ones. There was a few of us who had guest speakers – Johnny Walker, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels usually guarded by the Beefeaters - appear in our state rooms every so often, generally the night before a stand-down on Yankee Station or after a long night flying around at  200 feet.  The evening would begin when someone would bring an ice chest to a state room and magically, out of our safes, would come the guest speakers.

We’d carry the booze on board in our cruise boxes. Occasionally, if we had to fly it aboard, it was in a sealed carton that had no markings. When we were aboard carriers, us lowly helo pilots were not “eligible” for the brandy handed out by the flight surgeons to the guys after their last night trap.

Later in my career, I enjoyed a glass of port before I turned in for the night. The bottle was kept in my safe.

Marc Liebman
Author of:
Cherubs 2
Big Mother 40
Render Harmless
Forgotten
Inner Look
Moscow Airlift
The Simushir Island Incident (to be released in 2020)
Raider of the Scottish Coast (to be released in 2020)

Member of:
The Author’s Guild
Military Writers Society of America
Association of Texas Authors
North American Snowsport Journalists Association