[Helobubbas] Bell-Boeing Delivers First CMV-22B to Navy for COD Mission

Rawson Mordhorst rmordhorst at comcast.net
Wed Feb 12 23:14:52 PST 2020

One JO "stateroom" was visited by the CO.  He was invited to have a beer.  Upon finishing it he asked what to do with the can.  He was advised to throw it between some lockers, which it turned out led to the bilge/void or somewhere equally remote in the ship's spaces.  On another occasion a JO had a bag of "dead soldiers" that needed to be disposed of.  His point of access to open water was over the quarterdeck.  A mighty heave only resulted with the bag encountering an antenna which split the bag and the contents raining down on the quarterdeck.  Since it was late at night I guess he was able to get rid of the remains; memory doesn't serve to complete the story.