[Helobubbas] Bell-Boeing Delivers First CMV-22B to Navy for COD Mission

andy.cain at comcast.net andy.cain at comcast.net
Thu Feb 13 05:00:43 PST 2020

JO aviators are easily bored at sea unless flying.

I recall a couple of JO’s laying bottles in a drawer against a bulkhead with a senior officer stateroom and rack on the other side. As the ship rolled the bottles, known as Jim, Johnny, and Jack clinked across the tin drawer from side to side as the WWII era carrier rolled port and starboard. The JO’s timed how long it would be for the senior officer to open the door and charge around several passageways to the JO stateroom door in order to find the offending noise of clinking bottles. Of course, the JO’s had taken that nav course at P-Cola involving time, azimuth, and location. So, the drawers only held skivvies and socks by the time the senior officer made his unannounced inspection.