HS-6 Squadron Patches
History of HS-6 / HSC-6 Indians
Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron SIX (HS-6) was established on 1 June 1956 aboard USS Princeton (CVS-37) midway between the islands of Formosa and Okinawa. Initially, the squadron flew the Sikorsky HO4S-3, but two years later transitioned to the Sikorsky HSS-1N Seabat greatly enhancing the ability of the squadron to conduct anti-submarine warfare (ASW). On 8 July 2011 it was redesignated Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron SIX (HSC-6).