HS-8 Squadron Patches
History of HS-8 / HSC-8 Eightballers
HS-8 was established at Naval Auxiliary Air Station Ream Field, Imperial Beach, California on June 1, 1956. HSC-8 was redesignated from HS-8 on 28 September 2007 on NAS North Island.
Helicopters have been a vital part our US Naval forces. With the introduction of helicopters the 101st Airborne division started deploying into battle mainly from helicopters as opposed to airplanes. An the helicopter patches are a representation of HS-8 / HSC-8 squadron missions and deployments.