HS-11 Squadron Patches
History of HS-11 / HSC-11 Dragonslayers
Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron 11 was established on 27 June 1957 at NAS Quonset Point, Rhode Island. The squadron’s nickname was the Sub Seekers and it first flew the Sikorsky HSS-1 Seabat helicopter under the radio call sign “Snowbound”.On 17 October 1973, HS-11 moved to its new home port of NAS Jacksonville and was reassigned to Carrier Air Wing ONE (CVW-1). On 1 June 2016, HS-11 completed transition to the MH-60S Seahawk, was re-designated HSC-11, and moved from NAS Jacksonville to Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia.
Helicopters have been a vital part our US Naval forces. With the introduction of helicopters the 101st Airborne division started deploying into battle mainly from helicopters as opposed to airplanes. An the helicopter patches are a representation of HS-11 / HSC-11 squadron missions and deployments.